Artist Spends Over A Decade For Digging And Converting A Cave Into A Master Piece

post footer border
America based artist Ra Paulette spend 10 years of his life to create a cathedral-like art caves into the Northern New Mexico's sandstone cliffs. He dug all the decorations and spaces within the caves, including the entrances, stairs, and corridors, using manual tools.
From Artist :
“I’m through working for other people. I’m not the paint brush and my client is not the painter, I’ve had ideas for ages that I’ve never gotten to trying. I wanted to create a space that’s transformative. That’s a big goal.“
“Manual labor is the foundation of my self-expression. To do it well, to do it beautifully, is a ‘whole-person’ activity, engaging mental and emotional strengths as well as psychical strength,” writes Paulette. “I’m fond of calling this ‘the dance of digging,’ and it is the secret of how this old man can get so much done.”

For more details - Documentary | Website












































Licence

Artworks/Wallpapers published on this website are copyrighted by their respective authors. For content usage rights please read Disclaimer.

via designboom, boredpanda.es

Recent Posts